What sets the Center For Radiation Oncology apart from so many other Radiation Oncology practices is our effort to provide a comfortable, caring, friendly environment for our patients. We are totally dedicated to the philosophy of "treating the patient, not just the disease".
Our commitment to excellence is exemplified by:
- Our Physicians, Physicists and Dosimetrist are board certified.
- Our Director of Nursing is a Registered Nurse, with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing and is an Oncology Certified Nurse.
- All Radiation Therapists and the Nursing staff are licensed.
- The staff is proficient, highly trained and educated.
- Our extensive program of patient teaching is designed to thoroughly inform patients and their family members of their disease and treatment options. We consider all cultural and ethnic needs. All our offices have Spanish speaking staff.
- We maintain close contact with our patient's primary care physician, medical oncologist, surgeon and other specialists to ensure that the total treatment protocol and continuity of care is optimized.
- We monitor our patientsí physical well being on a daily basis and coordinate required care as necessary.
- We ease the emotional burden of the disease by scheduling outside appointments, tests, and authorizations for the patient.
- We file all primary and secondary insurance claims for the patient.
- We accept most insurance policies (HMOs and PPOs), Medicare and Medicaid.
- Our staff are sensitive to patient needs and trained to assist in obtaining funding for the uninsured.
- Our physicians conduct numerous community service presentations on a variety of cancer related topics.
- We donate space in our offices for the American Cancer Society satellite offices as well as support the American Cancer Society programs, such as the Man to Man Prostate Support Group and Reach to Recovery Breast Cancer Support Group.